On 17 and 18 of February, Rapid Micro Biosystems will exhibit and present 2 posters at the Parenteral Drug Association's Pharmaceutical Microbiology Conference at the Hotel Palace in Berlin, Germany. The focus of this year's conference will be the “Current State and Future Focus” of the industry, and the event will include presentations from regulatory, industry and technology representatives worldwide.
Following are a sampling of the topics of the conference's presentations, discussions and debates:
- Assessment of microbial risk to patients
- Contamination control considerations
- Microbiological considerations for sterile and non-sterile manufacturing
- Novel technologies and applications
Rapid Micro Biosystems will be exhibiting at Booth 8. In addition to the exhibit, Rapid Micro Biosystems is pleased to have 2 posters on display in the poster hall of the event.
The first is “Performance Comparability of Commercial Preparations of Test Organisms Used in the Validation of RMMs: Not All Bugs are Created Equal,” presented by Andrew Sage.
- Review the importance of the use of commercial preparations for validation testing and how RMMs may improve growth performance evaluations
- Discuss growth performance attributes one can use for comparability testing using RMMs
- Describe the study methods and results of testing five species recommended by the USP from three vendors using a Rapid Method to compare their growth performance against in-house cultured preparations
The second poster is “Getting Lean: Benefits of Automation in the Microbiology Lab,” presented by Kevin Walsh.
- Describe lean principles and how they relate to the microbiology lab
- Define the processes within the microbiology lab that generate waste
- Review the benefits of implementing automated microbiological testing platforms
- Review the available automated systems and the risks and benefits of each
We hope to see you in Berlin. If you cannot make it to PDA Berlin, you can view part of Mr. Walsh’s presentation here.